Photograph by: Joelle Elfassy Photography
Nicki Traikos is the founder of Mango Tango Makeup Design and is the Author of Mango Tango Makeup Guide, Definitive Techniques from the Industry Expert.
Nicki has her B.A. in Sociology (with a minor in Anthropology) and has worked in the corporate areas of Real Estate, Legal and Restaurant Development. She has worked with fortune 500 companies such as Re/max Realty, Century 21 Real Estate, and McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Ltd. Determined to be self-employed and wanting to use her artistic talent, Nicki created Mango Tango Makeup Design, offering makeup services to a wide variety of clients and industries. For the past 10 years, Nicki has designed looks from television personalities, to models, to everyday women!
On a television production set, Nicki uses her specialized airbrush skills to create flawless High Definition makeup. With her personal clients, Nicki enjoys teaching them anti-aging makeup tricks! Her experience with teaching personal lessons and workshops prompted Nicki to write and self publish her first book, Mango Tango Makeup Guide, Definitive Techniques from the Industry Expert. Choosing to self-publish was a big leap for Nicki, one that she embraced with much passion, focus and success! Something she hopes to share with other business owners. Nicki enjoys sharing her knowledge through her beauty blog and on her YouTube channel www.youtube.com/user/mangotangomakeup
Nicki has appeared on television as a Beauty Expert on shows including Cosmetic Innovations and Daytime York Region on Rogers T.V., and has been proudly nominated for the Chatelaine Woman of the Year Award, 2011.
As a busy mother of two, Nicki enjoys balancing the time she spends both with her makeup brushes and without!
|Author / Publisher of Mango Tango Makeup Guide
- In early 2011, Nicki wrote and published her first book: Mango Tango Makeup Guide: A Definitive Guide from an Industry Expert. This book was a labour of love over ten years in the making.
- Regularly scheduled Beauty Expert for Daytime (Rogers TV) Nicki is the new Beauty Expert for Daytime on Rogers T.V. Tune in twice a month to watch Nicki share her makeup tips, tricks, and styles live on Daytime. (Begins Jan. 2010)
- On Camera Airbrush Demo Daytime (Rogers TV) demonstrated airbrush and makeup techniques (Dec 4, 2009)
- Last Bride Standing, SUN TV, (premieres Sun. Nov 22nd)
- Man Up! Canada, SUN TV & MENTV, Seasons 1 -5, Key Makeup Artist (premiered January 2009-ongoing) (www.manupcanada.com)
- Cosmetic Innovations, FT network, A-Channel, Season II & III on-camera makeup demo & interview
- The Spirited Chef, Sun TV, Red Fish Productions, Key Makeup Artist
- Cityline, Mega Make-over Madness, Prime-time, CityTV, makeup for make-overs
- Maxed Out, W-Network (Season 1, Episode 1), makeup for mother of guest
- Making It Big (Season I), Life & Oxygen Networks, makeup for talent and contestants
|Corporate Advertising Campaigns (print and on-line)
- The Source, Web Avatars (HD Media, 2011)
- Basic Funerals, TV commercial (Redfish 2011)
- Sears Corporate, 2011
- Pharma Sales, 2011
- At Face Value, Magazine Cover Spring 2009, Design & Style, Hair, Makeup & Photoshoot
- Follow the Money, Red Fish Entertainment, (website videos), Makeup & hair for talent
- Paws Connect, Red Fish Entertainment, (website videos), makeup & hair for talent
- Max International, Promotional DVD and photoshoot
- Sony Canada, Debut commercial for the Sony Walkman, provided makeup for talents (2007)
- Starlight Foundation – Children’s Make A Wish, provide make-up and hair design for advertising campaign as well as fulfilling a child’s wish by experiencing a full fashion shoot.
- www.weddingbells.ca, beauty dos and don’ts interview about makeup
- Miss World Canada, Toronto, 2006 Designed and provided make-up to contestants and crowned winner for competition.
- IBM, character character makeup for a charity internal e-calendar. Looks ranging from Gene Simmons, Pee Wee Herman, Rapunzel, Madonna and Marilyn Manson.
- Designed hair, make-up and styling for many fashion photoshoots as well as editorials.
- Online, Nicki’s work has been seen on a number of special features with photographers at www.180degreeimaging.com
- • Corporate and Business Head Shots
- Many Fashion shows, photoshoots, model & actor agency portfolio work
- Independent artists for live performances and videos
|Famous Faces for Television
- “Humble” Howard Glassman, Radio & T.V. Personality
- Catrina Skepper, U.K. Actress, T.V. Host, Model
- Aida Memisevic, Television Host/Producer
- Kirk Brierley, Toronto, Cityline
- Lynn Spence, Toronto, Cityline
- Marc Anthony, Toronto, Cityline
- Michael Fink, Saks Fifth Avenue, New York
- Howard Dell, Actor, Making it Big, California
- Angelika Schubert, Model & Agency Owner, Soho, N.Y. & L.A.
- Barry Adelman, Sr V.P., Dick Clark Productions, L.A
- Look Good, Feel Better Program, Canadian Cancer Society www.LGFB.ca
- Mango Tango is proud to support WomenAide and encourages you to do the same! Click on the image below and check-out what products WomenAide gathers for the local women’s shelters. Arrange to drop off your donation items to Mango Tango by emailing or calling 416-561-9515, and we will be happy to pass on your donations so that they reach the women & children in these safe homes.